Online Library Resources
OneSEARCH for Business
Books and Newspapers
Browse Books by Subject:
Call Number: 658.421 GERBE
A practical, real-world program that is implemented real-time into your business, Gerber engages the reader to understand why the entrepreneur is so critical to the success of any enterprise, no matter how small or large it may be, and why the mindset of an entrepreneur is so integral to the operating reality of the organization.
The Creator's Code
Call Number: 658.421 WILKI
How do some people turn ideas into enterprises that endure? Why do some people succeed when so many others fail? The Creator's Code unlocks the six essential skills that turn small notions into big companies.
The Small Business Start-Up Kit
Call Number: 346.73 PAKRO
Your one-stop guide to starting a small business. The Small Business Start-Up Kit shows you how to set up a small business in your state, quickly and efficiently clearing state and local bureaucratic hurdles along the way.
The Everything Guide to Network Marketing
Call Number: 658.8 SPINA
Proven techniques for multilevel marketing success! Whether you're looking for a career change, a flexible part-time job, or a way to make money while staying home with the kids, network marketing is one of the fastest-growing business opportunities available. Packed with expert tips and best practices from successful marketers, The Everything Guide to Network Marketing will help you achieve financial goals while helping others do the same.
Spark and Hustle: launch and grow your small business now
Call Number: 658.1 JOHNS
Offers strategies for women to start and maintain their own businesses, explaining how to develop a business plan, find startup funds, and use social media to help increase profits.
The Small Business Start-Up Guide
Call Number: 658.11 THOMP
The Small Business Start-Up Guide is a fact-filled account of the dos and don’ts of starting a small business in the twenty-first century. The pertinent information is presented without the clutter of gregarious psychological booster material. A complete overview of everything you need to know to start successfully, it will save you time, effort, and money.
How to Write a Business Plan
Call Number: 658.152 MCKEE
If you're thinking of starting a business or raising money to expand an existing one, you need a plan. Running a successful business requires a great deal of forethought, so write a business plan and secure your venture's future. How to Write a Business Plan will show you how to write the right plan for your business and design a loan package necessary to finance your business and make it work.
The marketing plan : how to prepare and implement it
Call Number: 658.802 LUTHE
Now fully updated, the Fourth Edition of Luther's classic text will help businesses navigate the perilous new landscape of Web 2.0 business strategies, and guide them to develop a working marketing plan.
Websites: Starting and Running a Business
Individual counseling, classes and more, for new and experienced business owners.
Websites: Research Your Idea
Websites: Write Your Business Plan
Upcoming Library Programs
- U.S. Census Bureau demographics Data from the Census of Population and Housing, the American Community Survey, and the Economic Census. Use Factfinder for statistics about population, housing, industry, and business.
- U.S. Small Business Administration A treasure chest of information, tutorials, publications, forms, and links.
- Business Link North Carolina How to start, grow and support your business in NC.
- Small Business and Technology Development Center Helping small to mid-sized businesses in NC since 1984, the SBTDC provides management counseling and educational services.
- Starting a Business in Wake County Deciding your business structure, local business licenses, permits, zoning, inspections, and much more.
-Starting & Running a Business
- SCORE SCORE provides free counseling and low-cost workshops in partnership with the Small Business Administration. Raleigh office: 919.856.4739; www.raleigh.score.org.
- Wake Tech Small Business Center Practical, low-cost classes.
- Wake Tech / Wachovia Wells Fargo Center for Entrepreneurship Speakers, seminars, and counseling: training and support to make your ideas take shape.
- Business Owner'sToolkit All aspects of starting, managing, and growing a small business.
- CED (Council for Entrepreneurial Development) CED is a private, nonprofit organization founded in 1984 to identify, enable, and promote high-growth, high-impact companies, and accelerate the region's entrepreneurial culture.
-Research Your Idea
- Triangle Business Journal The weekly newspaper about business in Research Triangle Park (RTP), Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and the surrounding area.
- Internet Public Library: Associations List
- Weddle's Association Directory